Exploring Chania, Greece’s leading Summer Destination
Πηγή Φωτογραφίας: Frapress.gr- TripAdvisor
Chania is the second-largest city in Crete, the largest island in Greece, and the fifth-largest in the Mediterranean Sea. Here, you can explore glorious beaches, a picturesque old town and the island’s rich gastronomical culture.
Around the Old Town’s maze-like alleys, beautiful Venetian buildings, fountains and elaborate churches will help you discover well-preserved historical monuments. You can easily become familiar with the city of Chania by wandering aimlessly in its streets, visiting museums and admiring the different architectural styles on display throughout the entire town.
Chania is perfect for people of all ages, and whether you are travelling solo, with a group of friends, on a romantic getaway, or a family holiday with young children, there is something in Chania for everyone.
- Seitan Limani boasts magical views and pristine water. It’s a bit of a hike to get there, and you need to walk down quite a few steps to go for a swim, so it may be best for people without children. Please note it’s a remote location with no shops, so don’t forget to take water, snacks and other essentials with you.
- For a morning swim and a great frappe, go to Loutraki beach, with lots of sunbeds, you can sit back and relax all day.
- For those who love beach parties, go to Agia Marina, where the music is blaring, and the crowd is there to have fun. And when the sun goes down, you can kick on at Villa, a popular nightclub in Chania.
- Marathi is an amazing beach for people with young children as you have all the family-friendly facilities you need. From easy parking to shops, taverns and bathrooms all close by and for families- don’t forget to add to your list Falasarna and Stavros Beach (where Zorba the Greek was filmed).
- Balos Lagoon, Elafonisi and Gramvousa Islet are by far Chania’s most photographed and picturesque beaches, and you shouldn’t leave Chania until you have at least been to one.
Διαβάστε όλες τις τελευταίες Ειδήσεις από την Ελλάδα και τον Κόσμο